Abide by the traffic rules!
- Always put your seat belt on and fasten your passengers, so you increase the chance of surviving an accident: the risk of death in a frontal collision is reduced by 2.3 times, while in the event of a side impact - by 1.8 times, and during tripping and rollover - by 5 times.
- Do not use your phone while driving; also be careful when making hands free calls.
- Drive withing the established speed limit 130 km/ h. Statistically, most accidents are due to loss of control at high speeds. Don't be overconfident, and don't be tempted to scorching!
- Do not drive under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or under the influence of pharmaceuticals that impair reaction and attention.
Never relax on the road: there may be a newcomer or a reckless driver next to you on the lane, because of which you risk getting into an accident!
- Don't change the seat adjustment to a more relaxed one as you should be focused while driving.
- Maintain a cool temperature inside the vehicle.
- Stay a little hungry: a well-fed state relaxes, and the feeling of speed and distance is lost.
- Rest at least every 2 hours, even if you feel good. Rest areas on M11 Highway are located on average every 20 km.
Be an attentive and accurate driver!
- Consider blind spots when changing lanes or other maneuvers.
- Turn on the turning light every time, even if it seems that you don’t create any hindrances.
- Behave culturally towards other drivers - do not move across, and do not street race.
Safety in adverse weather conditions
It is important to be as attentive and focused as possible in winter, as well as in adverse weather conditions, i.e. rain, fog, snow, and ice.
- Pay attention to the message boards as they can display information about accidents and restrictions, and slow down, if necessary.
- Turn on the dipped headlights, and do not turn them off, even during the day.
- Keep your distance, while the braking distance on a high-speed road increases drastically.
- Be prepared to encounter special equipment, including snowblowers. All of them are equipped with special signals, and the variable message board indicates the lane on which the work is being carried out.
If an accident occurs, be sure to:
- Enable alarms
- Put on a reflective vest
- Place an emergency stop sign no closer than 30 m to the vehicle
- Go over the guardrail and take all passengers there, as it is extremely dangerous and prohibited to stay inside the car!
- Call the emergency number * 2323,
- render first aid if there are injured.
If you witness an accident, you do not have to stop and wait for an accident assistant. It is enough to call the Traffic Control Center on the short number * 2323.